Title: Birthday Party
Author: wildafox0619
Spoilers: none
Category: MSR - Scully POV
Rating: PG-13

Summary: Mulder's birthday party

Disclaimer: Not mine. 1013 own them.

Author notes: It was the September challenge that gave me the idea to try writing a story. But I was a chicken. I told in the Mastos thread in Haven that I wanted to write fanfics but I was afraid. And Cindy ET encouraged me. So I took the plunge and here we are.


Fox and Dana Mulder's home
Sunday, October 13th, 2002
7 AM

I woke up early for once. I wanted to make this day a memorable one. It was Mulder's birthday. Forty one. They've been together for ten years. If someone had told me back then that I'll be married to this man, I wouldn't have believed it. But we finally tied the knot in February.

He was bended on one knee in the middle of the living room when he asked me to make an honest man of him. How could I resist him? We were in the courthouse the day after, exchanging vows and matching wedding ring before my mother's teary eyes and a smiling Walter Skinner. I felt no need to have a big wedding with the white gown, the lace and all.

Mulder and I were soul-bound together and marrying was just a mean to make us official . So William and I were Mulders now.

I left the comfortable and warm bed, putting on a thick robe and I kissed the sleeping birthday boy before going into the kitchen and putting the coffee to brew.

I began sorting the ingredients for blueberry pancakes I decided to cook for breakfast. They were Mulder and Will's favorites and I nearly never had time for preparing a proper breakfast for my boys.

When the pancakes dough was ready, I put it aside and took my to-do list. I was surprised to find popsicles glued on it.

William and I will have to have this conversation about the candies I find anywhere. My mother always seems to appreciate her grandson's antics with candies but the result was a disaster: during the last week , I found candies on my clothes ,on books ,on the carpet , on Will's toys and it was without counting on little slick hands prints everywhere .

When I finally succeeded to take off the candy of my list, I dialed the caterer who was in charge of the party. He told me he would be here by 11.

This year, I had organized my husband's party. A real party.

The furniture of the living room had been pushed along the wall yesterday by the Gunmen. They had been very helpful because in my condition it wasn't wise to move heavy things. I put my hand gently on my lower belly.

I was pregnant again. Nobody is in the confidence yet, except for Mulder. We decided to wait past the 12 weeks mark to make an announcement: this second baby was another miracle and we weren't sure if I could carry it to term. I was afraid the changes in my body could give us away. So I decided to wear an ample and long a long and ample shirt today.

I went into William's bedroom. My baby boy was still asleep. He was two now and "the terrible twos" were not a legend. He was very imaginative and we have our hands full with him. Just to think that in a few months, we were going to have another baby to care for, I felt exhausted.

But, I must remember that William and this baby I am expecting are miracles. I was blessed with them and their father. I could bear everything for them.

I closed the door and I silently approached our bedroom. I wandered in but Mulder wasn't in bed anymore. I heard the water running in the bathroom and I knew I could catch him by surprise.

When I entered the bathroom, it was me who was caught by the sight. Mulder was bent to take off his boxers so he was mooning me. I just felt dizzy. His ass always had a great effect on me and it was one of my husband's favorite body parts. I had always been appreciative of his physical assets but his ass was the toping on the cake.

I caught myself on the doorknob and took a cleansing breath. Mulder heard my short intake of breath and shook suggestively his rear

"So baby, see anything you like?" His eyes glinted mischievously.

"My god, Mulder! Someday you are going to kill me!"

"And they say I'm the pornography king! Could I interest you in a shower for two?"

He waggled his eyebrows. I had to resist him because there was so much to do for his birthday party. I kissed him tenderly on the lips and embraced him.

" I'm sorry but I have a lot to do this morning and my schedule is tight…"

"Rain check?"

"Rain check..."

He kissed her forehead, disentangled himself from her and climbed in the shower stall I nearly forgot to tell him

"Oh Mulder, Happy Birthday."

"Thank you, Baby."

I blew him a kiss and went into the bedroom before changing my mind about showering together.

I chose my clothes carefully so I couldn't give my secret away. I put on comfortable black pants, a black tee shirt and a long ivory shirt. That would hide my little rounded belly from inquisitive eyes.

Mulder have finished in the bathroom and I eclipsed myself so I wouldn't be tempted to jump his bones right now.


Mulder residence
Sunday, October 13
Noon

The morning was passed between organizing the party; clothing William and keeping him clean so I didn't have to change him every ten minutes.

The caterer was true to his words and was at our door at 11 sharp. He put all the dishes on the table.

I had ordered a lot of sea food: shrimp, smoked salmon, scallops and even lobster. It was Mulder's favorite food now so I indulged him . The cake was chocolate with a wonderful vanilla sauce. There was champagne and strawberries too, a true fest.

Our guests were there at noon : Walter Skinner, John Doggett, Monica Reyes, Mom, and two Gunmen: John Byers and Ringo Langly.

I was searching for the third one when I found him lurking in the back yard. I couldn't see what he was doing. But with the suspicious minds these three had, he probably saw some squirrels and took it for a watcher!

Mulder was so happy to see all his friend in our home. It was something he wasn't accustomed yet. He had been a loner since childhood and having a family and friends was overwhelming.

William was running around yelling "It's Daddy's birthday!"

Frohike made his grand-entrance and claimed that the show could begin now. He embraced warmly my husband and gave him his present. Mulder unwrapped it with care and when he saw what it was, he had a large smile illuminating his face. Frohike had framed a photo of Will, Mulder and me. It was a beautiful wood carved frame that could be put on a desk.

I went to them and took a look at the picture: it has been taken two weeks ago on my mother's porch. I glanced at my husband: he was truly happy.

"That's kind of you, Melvin..." I whispered.

"She's right Frohike; you know how my family is important to me."

That's when Mulder took me in his arms and gave me a kiss When he put me back on my feet again , my long shirt that was covering my little rounding belly, opened and as they say, the bump got visible to all !

The sight didn't escape anyone and so the proverbial cat was out of the bag.

"Dana! Are you …? " gasped Mom

"Yes… We are pregnant Mom!"

"Oh my God! It's wonderful!"

She embraced me and I felt like I robbed Mulder his party. So there he was the birthday boy and my pregnancy was discovered and everyone was interested in me instead of him. So after being congratulated by our guests, I reminded them why we were reunited today and the party was back on tracks.

My husband opened all his presents but I knew deep inside that the baby I was carrying and William were what he wanted the most in this life. Doggett gave him a new baseball mitt to play with William; Reyes had found an original copy of a collection of Walt Whitman poetry. Mulder had always loved the poet so it was right on target. The other two gunmen gave him tickets for the Knicks next match so he could go with Will and me. Mom had chosen to offer to my husband a beautiful silk shirt with some boxers shorts of the same blue hue.

Walter Skinner was waiting for the good time to give Mulder his present. I didn't know what it was but seeing his expression it was something big.

He cleared his throat.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make."

"No Walter, don't tell me you're pregnant too?" laughed Mulder.

"Shut up, Mulder and listen," I told him rolling my eyes.

"Sorry. Please go on..."

"You all know that Fox Mulder gave his resignation to director Kersh, 2 years ago to let Agent Doggett in place at the X-files division. It was a great loss for the FBI. Friday, I met with Kersh and he had agreed to ignore your resignation and reinstate you at the FBI... but not in the X-files. He doesn't want you in the field anymore. He assigned you to Quantico, to teach young and innocent mind the art of profiling."

I was surprised by the news and I knew that Walter must have waged a war with Kersh. I turned to my husband and I could read what he thought just in watching his eyes. Mulder wouldn't return to the FBI. He had a teaching position in Psychology at Georgetown and he took a real liking for his students. The FBI was in another life for him, a life of searching a sister who was dead since 1979. He had made peace with himself and I knew he'll refuse the proposal.

"Walt, I'm really touched by the fact you fought for my reinstatement but I have to say no. My family needs me here and my position at GU is interesting, well paid and safe. I don't think I can teach anyone how to be a profiler. It's dangerous and mind altering and I sincerely think I need to stay sane for my wife and for my kids . As Agent Doggett told me one day , I've already lost ten years of my life with my quest, it's time I live for myself."

I heard the sincerity in what Mulder said to Skinner. We had talked about it and I knew that our family was his top priority. I loved him more and more for that and I knew it wasn't a sacrifice for him. He wanted to give his children what he never had: a father who was attentive and loving and caring to his little ones.

Walter smiled to us and didn't add anything. He had done what he felt was right for us but I felt he understood perfectly Mulder's position.

All in all, it has been a beautiful party and I was eager to be alone with Mulder to give him my personal present.

The end.


The Haven – October 2002 Challenge elements:

It can be any season or beyond. Any characters POV and written in any POV.

Your elements to include:
- Mulder's Birthday
- A Popsicle (or popsicles)
- Someone or thing lurking or being a lurker
- Pornography
- A Bump got Visible *any character, any pregnancy, finding out another character is pregnant by her bump*

EXTRA Credit: A moon or mooning




Read More Like This Write One Like This
Toddler William
Pregnant Scully
Baby/Kidfic plot Generator
Tell Mulder, Tell Mulder challenge


Return to The Nursery Files home