Death Takes a Holiday Challenge
If you ask my opinion, there simply aren't enough fics with murders that take place on holidays.
- Your story is set on a holiday. You can choose a religious holiday such as Easter or Christmas, a traditionally celebrated holiday such as Thanksgiving or Valentine's Day or Earth day or President's day, or one of those fun days that aren't widely celebrated like Talk Like a Pirate day (September 19), Squirrel Appreciation Day (January 21) or Dr. Seuss's birthday (March 2). A full calendar of this last kind of 'holiday' can be found here
- Your story includes a dead body
- Your story includes at least one X-Files character who knows about the death, via an official case or otherwise
- Your story includes a costume related to the holiday (Arbor day may involve a tree costume, May 4th may include a Yoda costume, world octopus day...well, you get the idea.) The costume may be worn by the dead person, the killer, or on the X-Files character.
- As always, you are welcome to write a crossover
There is no deadline, but please be sure a. either e-mail the story or to let us know when/where your story is posted and b. note the challenge in your endnotes with a link back to here so others may find it if not submitting directly to the site.
send completed fics to firstname.lastname@example.org